- This event has passed.
Heart Day NC
September 14 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Free and open to the public!
Education, exams, referrals and exercise to help women manage cardiovascular and other chronic diseases, with a focus on women in the 40-64 year old range who are uninsured or of low income.
We ask our attendees to complete brief surveys at the beginning and end of their experience to provide valuable feedback.
- Mat and Chair Yoga classes, both types at 8:15 AM, 9:15 AM, and 10:15 AM (mats available)
- Blood pressure and body mass readings
- Contact with Wellness Advisers
- One mile “Walk with a Doc” (from Alliance Medical Ministry) in the neighborhood at 10:15 AM
- Stay a little longer! Garden tours and special Pear Party (Fall Harvest) 10 AM-1 PM
Provided by You Call This Yoga in partnership with NC WISEWOMAN Project, WakeMed, and Alliance Medical Ministry