Yoga for Cancer
You Call This Yoga is devoting a lot of resources and efforts to help people who are dealing with this life changing and potentially chronic disease. Gentle yoga and meditation can help in the recovery of cancer by including practices such as:
- Physical postures to mobilize joints, stretch muscles, and reduce pain
- Movement to improve lymphatic circulation and optimize immune system function
- Embodied movement to provide a sense of empowerment
- Conscious breathing and mudras (hand gestures) to reduce stress, improve mood
- Guided relaxation, quiet meditation and Yoga Nidra to reduce fatigue and improve sleep
- Connecting to other people to increase community support system
Funding and partnerships
Funding for our teachers is provided by yoga clothier Lululemon Athletica through its “Here To Be” initiative and Waverly Hematology Oncology. Several teachers are volunteering their time. Our hosts are donating their spaces. We cherish our team and partners.
We are looking for more of the following partnerships to bring this program into the public setting:
- Yoga teachers, possibly bi-lingual in Spanish
- Studio or hosts for our programs
- Sponsors for funding teacher stipends
Please contact Howie for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.