You Call This Yoga is gearing up for it’s annual YogaFest NC retreat and fundraiser, scheduled for Saturday, April 2, 2016 at The McKimmon Center in Raleigh. The annual event highlights the variety of yoga programs available in our city and throughout the state. The day-long event offers people an opportunity to explore new yoga practices, learn about holistic healing, and make new connections. YogaFest NC averages about 500 attendees, 35 exhibitors, and 20 instructors.
You Call This Yoga is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented and driven event planner to coordinate YogaFest NC 2016. This role is responsible for logistical execution of YogaFest NC, managing an event planning team, and communication around the event. A key responsibility of the position is to serve as Howie Shareff’s, director of YCTY, chief advisor to further event and organizational goals to engage new people, raise awareness of the event, and create opportunities to get involved with YCTY.
The right event planner will develop and execute a logistical plan that will clearly and effectively communicate benefits and deliverable to sponsors, exhibitors and instructors who are contributing to the event. Manage the event registration page and manage registrations as they come in. As appropriate, direct all vendor/venue logistics, assist negotiating necessary contracts/commitments and drive timeline of event execution. Support in seeking financial sponsors, in-kind donations, exhibitors, and volunteers for the event.
Required Competencies: Communication skills, Deadline-driven, Mission-focused, Managing Relationships, Brand-steward, Collaborator and Leader
- Undergraduate degree in Communications/Marketing/Business or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in planning and executing large-scale, special events with proven ability to manage a team to meet deadlines and operate in a semi-independent environment.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient in updating websites (Squarespace preferable but not required) and using event management programs (etouches preferable but not required).
- Demonstrate creative work with a passion for customer service and excellence, attention to detail, and outstanding organization.
- Innovative problem solver and ability to work under stress.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, up to 10+ hours on the day of the event.
- Strong comfort level and proven experience in working with growing non-profits with a limited number of staff.
- Direct connections and/or experience with communities served preferred.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week or more as the event gets closer.
Must be available to start no later than November 1, 2015 and ending May 1, 2016 unless discussed otherwise. Payment will be determined based on experience and quality of work.
To apply for this part-time contract position, email your cover letter, resume, and examples of your work to email@example.com.